Bronchitis is a health disorder of the lungs. This specifically refers to the swelling of the mucous membranes that lie in the bronchial tree deep within the lung passages.
This condition can either be acute or chronic: Acute bronchitis is generally caused by viral or bacterial infection, and may also be brought about by irritation from environmental pollution like fumes, acids, solvents, or tobacco smoke.
Among the first symptoms of this ailment are a dry, nonproductive cough. Within a few hours or days, the coughing caused by this lung disorder begins to produce significant amounts of mucus. If a bronchitis cough and/or fever lasts for more than seven days, the individual should seek immediate consultation with a doctor for prompt treatment.
The Signs and Symptoms of Bronchitis
Among the common symptoms of this lung ailment are runny nose, fever, dry cough, wheezing, pain in chest and/or back, fatigue, sudden chills, sore throat and shaking.
Potent Herbal Treatments For Bronchitis
Many herbal remedies possess potent anti-inflammatory and expectorant qualities, and effectively aid in alleviating or eradicating bronchitis. Here is a sample of some effective natural treatments.
- Herbs like cayenne, elecampane, horehound, hyssop, and mullein have been effective in clearing congestion and have expectorant qualities.
- Coltsfoot tea. This is effective in soothing dry bronchial cough. Individuals area advised to drink this tea several times a day
- Thyme. This herb is effective in alleviating bronchial spasms. Drink thyme 3 three times daily. In preparing a tea, steep 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves in a cup of boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes; and strain with a cheesecloth before drinking.
- Mullein tea. This is potent in soothing inflamed bronchial tubes. It would be best to sip plain mullein tea. To make a mixture, steep 1 to 2 teaspoons of the herb in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes; strain.
- Aniseed and garlic are potent expectorants.
- Goldenseal and ginseng. These therapeutic herbs are available in health food stores and in some pharmacies and supermarkets. Consumers are advised to strictly follow product dosage requirements before taking these.
- These herbs are also effective in relieving bronchitis, as these have been analyzed to relieve t he underlying infection, swelling, and other symptoms such as cough: Echinacea (helps fight infection by stimulating immune system), Chinese skullcap, Ivy leaf and Plantain (used as an anti-inflammatory agent)
Other Helpful Recommendations To Help Ease Bronchitis
To allow these herbs to fully work in relieving the irritating and distressing symptoms of bronchitis, the patient is advised to fully rest, and if possible do only moderate activity. The moderate physical activity keeps the secretions from settling into the lungs and leading to the development of pneumonia
are also advised to drink lots of fluids, use a humidifier, and do a salt-water gargle to help ease sore throat Placing a hot-water bottle on your chest or back for twenty minutes every day helps to ease the discomfort of heavy breathing. In addition, patients are strictly advised not to smoke or avoid second hand smoke outright, and not to use a cough suppressant once the cough changes from being a dry one to a wet cough.
http://primeherbal.com - Prime Herbal
Vanessa A. Doctor from Jump2Top - SEO Company