The “Secret” is out; just in the last year more information has been made available on the Law of Attraction than in the decades prior to that. Who would have thought that the idea that we are able to attract what we desire, just through our thoughts and emotions, would be a topic on Larry King and Oprah. However, although many books, films, seminars etc. describe how to apply the Law of Attraction, I often hear people telling me “It seems to work for others, but not for me”. So why is that? As a principle of nature, shouldn’t we be able to rely on the law of attraction just as we rely on the law of gravity? What are we overlooking? Is it possible that the law of attraction is not as simple as it has been described? Here are some key points that will help you to fine-tune your ability to manifest what you desire.
1. Know what you want. Create a mental picture of yourself having achieved that goal and focus on how this will feel. Make this inner picture as real and attractive as possible.
2. Address and let go of emotional baggage, such as anger, anxiety and worry. Become aware of the underlying motivation of why you want to have your dream fulfilled. For example, if you want to be in a relationship and your fear of being alone is your main motivation, your ability to attract the right person in your life will be vastly diminished. It is more effective to create from a place of feeling positively drawn to the outcome, than avoiding or being afraid of the present state.
3. Notice whether you are trying to manifest in order to feel better about yourself. In other words do you believe that whatever it is that you want, will make you feel “OK” about yourself? Are you postponing joy and contentment, because you don’t have yet what you desire? Realize that nothing outside of you can consistently make you feel good about yourself. Ideally you want to focus on being at a place of peace and appreciation with yourself, no matter whether you manifest what you want or not, no matter whether you are in a relationship or not.
4. Create inner harmony and congruency. Address and integrate the part of you that may appear more negative, critical or doubtful. Rather than ignoring or fighting with that inner voice, that may not believe in yourself or the possibility to create what you want start communicating with that part of your subconscious mind. Find out what this part wants and respond to its concerns in a gentle and reassuring way. Look for the gifts and potential of that part, rather than only focusing on its behavior. Approaching this subconscious part more like a younger self, that needs your attention and understanding can in a very short amount of time create more wholeness inside.
5. Change limiting beliefs. If you believe that it is not possible to have what you want, if you doubt that the law of attractions works or even exists, your creative energy will be far less potent, than when you are approaching manifesting your goals from a place of trust and faith. Gather evidence on a daily basis that you are already and have all along been able to create what you desire in your life - and that the Universe is showing up for you. Keep track of the synergies that occur, such as thinking about somebody and then that person calls you; or getting that perfect parking spot, when you need it the most. Also become aware of the reasons, why you deserve to have what you want (get more specific than “everybody deserves that”.)
6. Realize that the law of attraction is a law of nature. Although the thought may be very tempting, the truth is that Universe does not work like Santa Claus. You may not always get what you want on that day you want it. The law of attraction works much more like nature: you plant a seed into good soil, water it, let enough sun shine on it and it will definitively grow. We don’t always know when it will happen and what exactly will come out of it. Expectations that are not grounded in trust and faith can easily lead to impatience and frustration, both of which are counter-productive to our abilities to manifest. Let go of the expectation that what we want should show up when and exactly how we want it and open up to the possibility that there is a perfect way and timing. After all, we all had the experience that we thought we really want something or someone, and just a short time later felt very relieved and blessed that our wish was not fulfilled. Which again can be evidence that the Universe is looking out for you.
7 Do the footwork / take action, be flexible and course correct. The law of attraction is not about having remote control access to the infinite abundance of the Universe. Manifestation is a collaborative effort between us and that “field of infinite possibilities”. Notice that the best things in your life may have showed up rather unexpected - and you had to seize the opportunity in order to make the best out of it. For example, you may ask for a loving partner, with whom you can be yourself. The next day, you feel a strong pull to talk to a person in front of you in the line at the coffee shop. Now it is up to you to follow that inner calling and take action. Flexibility is important, because it increases the possibilities for manifestation. Let’s say you would like to get a new car; you certainly can focus on manifesting a mint green BMW 325 with beige leather seats, it may just take a little longer to drive it. Alternatively, you can ask the Universe to present you an opportunity to get a car that is fun and fits your needs - without getting too specific. Flexibility also needs to result in course correction of your active participation in the manifestation process.
8. Appreciate what you already have in your life and give out the energy that you would like to manifest in your life. Gratitude and appreciation are the keys that unlock any blocks to creating what we desire. It just needs to be sincerely felt. Take every day a few minutes and appreciate the blessings you have in your life and the blessing that you are for the world. Another important key to manifestation is to sharing the energy of what you would like more of. Be kind and loving to others, if you want more kindness and love; give the homeless person on the street some money, if you would like to have more of that yourself. As Ghandi said: be the change, you wish to see in the world. After all manifestation is not only about having more “stuff” - but also about creating more happiness and joy in our lives and the lives of others.
He received his medical degree from the University of Munich and pursued a career in cardiology at the Munich University Hospital. He also holds a Ph.D. in molecular biology from the University of Washington in Seattle. His research has been published and featured in some of the most prestigious national and international medical and science journals.
After more than 15 years of experience and research in the medical field, he became increasingly fascinated by the powerful influences of thoughts, emotions and beliefs on health and disease. Dr. Schaub recognized that our abundant self-healing abilities can only function effectively when mind, body and spirit are in alignment.
The mind-body-spirit connection and in particular the subconscious mind hold the keys to accelerated healing, well-being, and success.
Realizing this enormous potential, Dr. Schaub studied extensively mind-activating modalities and became a certified Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Time Line Therapy® ?, as well as an American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH) certified Trainer of Clinical Hypnotherapy.