Do nightmares hijack your nightly search for wonderful dreams? There are ways you can adopt in order to regain your peace of mind and have happy dreams! Read on for a few suggestions on how to stop nightmares:
1. Meditation for Stress Related Nightmares: Stress is one amongst the most common reasons of sleeping disorders in America. Insomnia and nightmares are both very common and if you are going through such disorders don’t worry. To reduce nightmares, the first thing to do is to meditate to relieve stress just before it is time to go to bed. Learn the various methods of meditation (which is best suited to you) by enrolling in a class. It is a great natural sleep remedy in the form of a therapy!
2. Soothing Music: Rather than listening to some loud music, try listening to the music that brings peace to your mind and soothes your nerves. You can try buying sounds from nature (such as waterfalls, waves on a beach etc.) This kind of music is specifically created to soothe your nerves and accompany your sleep. We often laugh-off these sounds when we hear them on a CD or elsewhere but many people have benefitted with such recordings in the past.
3. Hot Bath: Take a hot bath about an hour prior to bedtime. A soothing, leisure bath is a nice way of relaxing and is the most soothing of all natural sleep remedies. Add some aromatherapy products in your bathing water and the sweet fragrance will stay for a long time. The sweet fragrance and the heat of your body will help you have calmer dreams.
4. Avoid Consuming Certain Drugs and Alcohol: The illegal recreational drugs, nicotine and alcohol can possibly cause you to have nightmares. These substances decrease the quality of your sleep in general. You must try to avoid taking the help of drugs to have a satisfying sleep.
5. Look for the Hidden Meaning: Nightmares do not always reflect your fears. They can sometimes contain important hidden messages with precious information as well as guidance for you. They may try to protect you and show to you what you need to pay attention to in your real life. These warning signs are important for your own safety. This is one way to interpret your dreams; as your subconscious trying to communicate with your brain. Take some time to reflect but don’t have to stop at the negative feelings, just explore deeper. There is a possibility of your nightmares ending, if you get the message!
6. Avoid Watching Horror Movies at Bedtime: It is but obvious, if you are watching someone rip the other apart to shreds in a movie, video game etc., it stays in your memory. Hence, do not be surprised if it reflects in your dreams!
Continuous nights of horrifying nightmares can give you a feeling of being powerless, but don’t give up to that thought or illusion. Try making these little adjustments in your daily routine as you do have the power to stop the nightmares, sleep well!