The swollen anal varicose veins are known as hemorrhoids. Rectal bleeding, pain, burning, inflammation, irritation and itching are the common outcomes of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids can be internal as well as external. The external hemorrhoids can be seen and felt as a soft bluish purple lump. In most cases you will be unable to notice the internal hemorrhoids and it is for this reason that they are painless. Another type of hemorrhoids is known as prolapsed and is an internal hemorrhoid and is accompanied by quite heavy bleeding and mucus discharge. They are very painful. It is caused by congested liver or chronic constipation.
During pregnancy the pressure of growing uterus on the mayor veins causes hemorrhoids. This can be really painful. Homemade remedies for hemorrhoids are really beneficial and therefore are used widely. Some of the very well known remedies are discussed below.
1. For relief in pain and to sooth of the burning sensation you need to apply Aloe Vera gel directly on the anus.
2. Transform bayberry, goldenseal root, white oak and myrrh into salve form and use this to relieve pain during hemorrhoids.
3. With the use of Lady’s mantle brew a strong and warm tea and apply the same using cotton balls during hemorrhoids as often as required.
4. In order to shrink swollen veins apply Witch hazel using sterile cotton pad.
5. You can also take Collinsonia root, Buck Thorn bark, parsley, red grapes vine leaves or stone root by
transforming these into capsules or even tea form.
6. The anus area should be clean properly after each bowel movement.
7. One should consult the doctor in respect of including stool softeners and laxatives to the diet.
8. If an affected person sleeps with the legs rose over the night, this helps immensely in reducing the hemorrhoids, and in case of external hemorrhoids this can be helpful even till the extent of elimination.
More home treatment:
o Swallow 1 teaspoon of olive oil on an empty stomach in the morning.
o Grind garlic cloves and apply on the anus where the hemorrhoids are.
o Mash a medium onion, mix with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply on the hemorrhoids.
o Drink a lot of cranberry juice.
o Soak a cotton pad in apple cider vinegar and apply on the afflicted area.
o Fill a tub with warm water and add salt. Sit in the salty water for a few minutes to treat your condition.
o Soak 2 plums in extra hot water over night, in the morning drink the water and if you want you may also eat the plums.
o Dip a cotton ball in cold water and apply on the hemorrhoids to relief the itch and pain.
o Add fiber to your diet.
There are certain preventions, which must be followed in order to recover smoothly and reduce the pain. The affected person must keep his/her weight in mind and should lose weight in case of overweight. One should be very particular about the personal hygiene such as keep the anal area very clean, use soft and good-quality toilet paper and in case of underwear, one should go for cotton underwear. Exercise is any day very helpful in subsiding the pain and symptoms. And most important is the instruction of doctor that must be followed along with every other measure.
The author is a content writer at EZmed4U, the Home Remedies Center. For more information about Hemorrhoids visit the home remedies for Hemorrhoids information page.